eWBLearning (Empower teachers to trigger work-based learning) is a 30-month project (October 2018-March 2021) funded by the Erasmus Plus Programme.
The project idea grew up in Italy, where the coordinator Associazione Nazionale Presidi is very active in defending the role and promoting work-based learning experiences at school. Associazione Euphoria is project partner together to Fetico (Spain), Institute of entrepreneurship development (Greece), Provincial Education in Flanders (Belgium), the Bulgarian Development Agency (Bulgaria) and the Cork Institute of Technology (Ireland).
The partnership strongly believes that the quality of work-based learning (WBL) is crucial to help students connecting their learning with the world of work, developing employability skills that employers search for, building their enterprise capability and making more informed choices about their career options.
As a result, this project aims to create a EU model/scheme (Work-Based Learning Teacher Training Model called eWBLearning) to be promoted all over Europe, able to settle the minimum training requirements necessary for teachers, headmasters, trainers and mentors in both school and work-based settings in view of their continuous professional development.
More specifically, the project wants to reach the following objectives:
- improve the capacity development of the schools and training institutions that should implement WBL paths/programmes;
- improve the provision of better guidance on skills and competencies;
- develop entrepreneurial mindset of school staff to create partnerships between schools and businesses to promote work-based learning;
- develop tutoring and coaching skills in teachers;
- identify in the learning paths competences to be acquired through non-formal learning and create a framework to recognize them;
- introduce systematic approaches for the longlife professional development of teachers and educators and students;
- develope efficient work-based experience within the schools.
This website will host an e-learining platform to be promoted all over Europe, able to settle the minimum training requirements necessary for teachers, headmasters, trainers and mentors in both school and work-based settings in view of their continuous professional development.
The training model will provide also activities and lessons in order to help schools to create stable relationship between schools and companies, to facilitate the entrepreneurial mindset of teachers, promote the students’ job orientation, develop their soft skills and facilitate transitions between education/training and the labour market.
We are currently working to create eWBLearning that will be composed of one introduction on the state of play of the work-based learning in Europe and in each involved country, and 5 modules (1 – Opportunities in the productivity system; 2 – Main processes of business work and entrepreneurial mindset; 3 – Job security and safety; 4 – Techniques of tutoring, coaching, mentoring of individuals and groups; 5 – Soft skills for teachers to observe and reveal skills of students).
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/eWBLearning/
Empower Teachers to Trigger work-based Learning – 2018-1-IT01-KA202-006843 e CUP G84D180001300