Innovative training for multicultural classes is a 2-year project of the Erasmus Plus Strategic Partnership programme (October 2016-2018) aiming at creating an innovative e-learning for educators from all over Europe facing the issue of multicultural classes.
The online training will focus on two main aspects: awareness-raising activities on multiculturalism, interculturalism and diversity, and CLIM methodology (Cooperative Learning in Multicultural Classes) to be applied in classes.
During the project a crucial aspect will be the involvement and engagement of the educational world. The project team will collect feedback and input to create a very useful tool for all type of educators facing multicultural classes therefore schools will be involved to test the new product and make it more effective. Moreover, a specific campaign will be launched to make the platform known all over Europe and available to European schools as soon as the e-learning will be ready to use (approximately June 2018).
The objectives of the project are:
– Equip teachers with relevant skills and competences through the design of an innovative training based on how to manage multiculturalism in classrooms;
– Create a safe, inclusive, accepting and successful learning environment for all, increasing awareness of global issues, strengthening intercultural awareness;
– Encourage critical thinking and preventing prejudice and discrimination among students.
Calendar of the project
- 20-21 February 2017 the first transnational project meeting took place in Rome, Italy, hosted by Euphoria.
- 30 May-1 June 2017 the second transnational project meeting took place in Örkelljunga, Sweden, hosted by Ifall.
- 5-6 October 2017, the third transnational project meeting took place in Krakow, Poland, hosted by Multikultura.
- 6-8 March 2018, the fourth transnational project meeting took place in Madrid, Spain, hosted by Hominem Challenge.
- 3-4 July 2018, the fifth and last transnational project meeting took place in Hasselt, Belgium, hosted by UCLL.
For a general presentation of the project please take a look at this presentation.
Results of the project: