Archidict is a KA2 Strategic partnership project in the VET field, lasting from 01/09/2017 to 31/08/2020.
The partnership is composed by the coordinator EK Egyesulet (Hungary), Associazione Euphoria (Italy), Best cybernetics (Greece), Creative learning programmes (UK), Instituto Europeo de Lenguas Modernas (Spain), Stroyexpert SEK (Bulgaria), Universidade Portucalense Infante D. Henrique (Portugal) and Slaska Wojewodzka Kpmenda Ochotniczych Hufcow Pracy (Poland).
The overall objectives of the project are:
- assembling a categorised tecnhical content that summarises the history and technology of European architecture based on time, geographical locations, building materials and position within a building construction among the basic forms and general tecnhical definitions;
- elaborating IT and design concepts of the online tool that have to be synchronised for the best achievable results;
- assembling exact graphics of the illustrative content along with the precise definitions along with continuous translations of the collected terminology;
- elaborating an educational concept that makes the content easier to learn;
- realising an educational programme that helps elaborate the educational concept and provides the possibility for testing the tool and its content;
- providing interactive test possibilities as part of the tool;
- disseminating the tool in the widest possible environment while making arrangements for extending the content with further languages or with special chapters.
The main project output is a digital architectural dictionary, a web application connected to online databases and accessible on all means of platforms, from PCs to smartphones. The tool provides a non-formal learning platform rather than a learning material, where the learner can choose his / her own path to collect the required information, choosing their own timeframe for acquiring the technical knowledge. The illustrative solution of the dictionary gives the best understanding of technical situations and relations, providing an extremely effective learning platform for any user or learner. The dictionary is designed with the most up-to-date software technology. Its digital feature and online access give the product flexibility for easily updating and further strengthen the usability and complexity of the educational tool.
The tool is accessible to anyone in an online way and with an open licence.
All the results of our project are available on the website http://archidict.com/