Interesting for you if you are looking for resources on cybersecurity, especially for teachers, to provide them with the knowledge and skills needed to create safer educational environments.
– A Cybersecurity Curriculum
– An Innovative eLearning Platform
CyberTeach (Empowering Teachers to Trigger Cybersecurity at school) is a 2-years project co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme and coordinated by the Naples-based Consorzio CLARA to tackle the issue of cybersecurity and in particular, the spreading of information and training on cybersecurity, starting from key figures in our society: teachers. Teachers can be the driver of this change, their preparation on cybersecurity can support the creation of safer educational environments and transfer of their knowledge to their students.
The partnership is composed of 6 partners coming from 4 countries: Euphoria Net Srl (Italy), Istituto Tecnico Industriale Statale Galileo Ferraris (Italy), The University of Thessaly (Greece), The Miguel Hernández University of Elche (Spain), Belgian IT Academy Support Center (Belgium).
The partners work on developing an open e-learning platform on cybersecurity topics capable of feeding the community of enthusiasts and improving the digital skills and cybersecurity competencies of teachers and their students, developing the ability of teachers to ensure a safe online environment and preparing teachers to train their students on cybersecurity.
The expected final results of this project also include a Cybersecurity Curriculum with 3 macro-modules:
- The first introductory module in which the basic concepts of security, networking and IoT will be addressed.
- The second module will be more oriented to develop operational skills in cybersecurity and will enable students to achieve industrial certifications.
- The third module, at an academic level, will deal with advanced topics such as Cloud Security, IoT Security, e-Government Security & Forensic Security.
- A Cybersecurity Curriculum: a training course on cybersecurity consisting of 5 modules and articulated on 3 levels of complexity (beginner, intermediate, professional). The course materials focus on various topics such as basic concepts of security, networking, Cloud Security, IoT Security, e-Government Security, etc. and each module includes laboratory activities, use of tools, gamification activities, quizzes and more.
- An open e-Learning platform, to improve the digital and cybersecurity skills of teachers and their students, enabling synchronous and asynchronous teaching and learning activities. The platform allows access to all cyber training content, real-time collaboration, and progress monitoring.
The training materials are accessible from both desktop and mobile devices, intuitively and quickly. At the end of the learning, it is possible to obtain certificates of competence directly from the platform and connect with a community of cybersecurity enthusiasts and experts.
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor EACEA can be held responsible for them.
Project code: 2021-1-IT02-KA220-SCH-000027136